Monday, 30 September 2013

Our Beautiful World #14 and Studio Challenges - Grids

 
 

Challenge is ...
 
 
'Together'
 
I jumped at this one because just as Paige was leaving for France, I took this wonderful photo of Hannah and Paige together.  Paige was so excited about her journey and Hannah was excited for her.
 
They are so close - we are very lucky.
You can see the height difference between them and Paige is stooping down a bit for the hug!
Hannah is two years older.  Yet, Meaghan (the eldest) is the tallest, Paige hopes to be her height one day.  I'm the shortest!  Hannah pips me by 1/2 inch!
 
You can find the challenge
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
Got out the chalkboard stuff and had fun with the sewing machine zigzagging my grid pattern and laying the photos in frames to give a grid effect.
This was totally enjoyable challenge and a great idea !
 
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
 
I cant believe that tomorrow is October!!  How did that happen!
I still had heaps of September things to do!
 Oh yeah, and I've used the products from my bonus counterfeit kit
 
 
 
xx


20 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely photo! Lovely girls! So glad you shared with us at Our Beautiful World!

Lizzy Hill said...

Great photo! Why does it not surprise me that you're the shortest!!! And amazing page...love how you've clustered the photos in the middle:):)

Lizzyc said...

Yeah how did it get to be October already??? Fabulous layout and what a lovely photo too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photo of the girls!!! And LOVE LOVE LOVE your lo!! GORGEOUS!! Loving how you did those frames!!!!

Barbara said...

They do look like they can't do without each other! Hope Paige has a great time in France.

sandi said...

Beautiful! So eye-catching!!!!!!!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful photo of the girls, all the best to Paige, my youngest is studying in Europe too, was in Rome and now Spain, will move to Paris in November.
Thanks for joining us this week at Our Beautiful World Mandy, always good to see you lovely work here, and I like your sweet layout too!

Bridget said...

Love the layout really nice

LCSmithSAVED said...

Loved that kit - your stitching really does give a nice texture & definition to the grid. And what a lovely photo of the girls!

One Scrap Happy Momma said...

I love this layout. I really like this chalkboard paper. You did a great job layering on here too.

Irini said...

Gorgeous and inspirational!!!
hugz
irini

Deb said...

This is such a gorgeous photo of the girls together. I love your chalkboard page.....looks fabulous.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Beautiful girls!

The Crafty Laydee said...

What a beautiful,beautiful photograph :)
Your layout is gorgeous too-I love how you have used the machine stitching :)
Best wishes,nessa xx

libbyquilter said...

happy portraits are the best ones~! yours is full of smiles and love and will bring back memories each time it is seen.

:-)
libbyQ

pysselpetra said...

Cool and modern and also very pretty ♥ Thanks for playing at The Studio Challenges ♥ Petra

dawn said...

How sweet this was to read, great picture too!! I added a sibling photo/story to my prompt too.

LOVE LOVE the layout!

Shahrul Niza said...

You have sweet daughters!. LOVE the siblings togetherness. The layout is extra special too, love the stitches and the cute frames!. Thank you for sharing them with us at Our Beautiful World!. Hugs.

myriammg said...

great and so lovely !

Anastasia Teologlou said...

oh, I can't say strongly enough how much I love your layout! I've been trying to be a good girl and not buy the chalk kit, but with layouts as gorgeous as yours, it will be difficult for me to stay away ;) And I love how the multiple zigzag stitch highlights the grid so well!
Thank you for playing with us at The Studio Challenges!