Sunday, 11 November 2012

Prima Cards, Skissedilla, Paper Dvizhnik,Get Creative Challenges. Remembrance Day

 
 
Last night I put aside for a 'scrapping' night - everyone was either watching tv or went to bed... so an ideal time to look over some fabulous challenges and have a go.
 
 

 Could you tell I made a spelling mistake?  Good grief!  Saw it once it was up and linked...
Have fixed it up my end, but this pic will have to stay. (very big roll of eyes!!)
 
Here's the sketch
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 



 
 
The Sketch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 


Prima has a 12 Days of Christmas Card ideas Challenge on at the moment.
 
This one is
DAY 1
Inspired by Magda Bolinska

 Using
Gesso and string, red button
Prima Songbird 'Sunrise' Paper (both sides)
Prima Holiday Celebration Frost Vine #543303 (partial)
Prima Flowers Holiday Treat Star #527587
 Prima Press Stamp Block
Prima Press Alphabet #2


Day 2 
Inspired by Britt Sviggum's tag
using a canvas tag
Glimmermist (Tattered Leather, Red-Nosed Reindeer
Prima Brick Mask #550011
Prima Holiday Celebration Frost Vine #543303
Prima Green Lace Trim #554934
Prima Tiny Alfabet Stickers #550158
Prima Ink Dark Rust
 
 I hope to join in a few more!
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
November's Card Challenge is to use an 'unused/new' stamp in your stash!
I'd just bought this stamp (part of a set from Stampin' Up'), created this little Christmas tree card by using up scraps and taping the spine with a canvas 7Gypies tape, also been in my stash for ages.  It worked and binded so well!  The image has been coloured with watercolour pencils



Here's my stamp I've used....

 

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Last of all,  its REMEMBRANCE DAY here in Australia
On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month each year, we remember our fallen soldiers, those who sacrificed so much.
My great-grandfather lost his life in the First World War.
Red Poppies worn today are a symbol of the poppies found in the Flanders Fields where most of the fighting occurred.  
 
Here is Paige,  who laid a wreath on behalf of her school this morning.
 
Attaching her red poppy in front of the Cenotaph
 
 
Enjoy your Sunday
 
xx
 
 
 


18 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS projects Mandy! I loveeeeeeeeee that tree!!!!

Julia said...

Wow...what a busy beaver you've been, Mandy...complete with stitches too!

Jenneke said...

Wow Mandy, did you made them all on 1 night??????? Can't believe it...
They're all gorgeous but my favorite is the second one: absolutely stunning, the way you used the photo and created te background!
I hope your hand is better now! And what a beautiful young lady Paige is.
Hugs, Jenneke

Lizzy Hill said...

Can't believe you did all this in just one evening. It takes me most of the day to finish one LO & maybe a card if it all goes according to plan....I see a theme...leaves????!!!! LOVE you spelt that wrongly...you are human:):):) Esily done heehheee!!!!

ann said...

Mandy I love all your projects.... just beautiful I particularly like the sketch fly through exams. Hope your hand is better xx

Julie H said...

I am in love with the first page, it's the sort of thing I am always pinning but not game to try myself!

glorygirl said...

Oh my goodness! These are all so wonderful! I love how you use so many varied textures in your backgrounds! Your cards are fabulous, as well! Can't wait to see how you scrap those gorgeous Remembrance Day photos!

Brit Sviggum said...

Wow!!! Lots of stunning projects you have here! I am so happy to hear that you got inspired by the tag/card I made for Prima. I love your canvas tag. It`s gorgeous. And thanks a lot for joining us at Skissedilla. A beautiful page! You are SO talented! Have a great day. Love Brit

machiko said...

Love your playfull layout!I like your background :)

MichelleZ said...

I adore your adventurer page! It's stunning! And until you pointed it out, I didn't notice the spelling mistake. There's too much goodness for the eyes to look at! :)

Jasmine S said...

Oh my, every detail is just amazing. Your work is amazing. I wish I time managed and created as well as you do. I aim to get it all done but I always end up side tracked....lol.

Sofia (sofia_chry) said...

Great projects Mandy!!!I loved the second layout and the tree-card...Thank you for joining us at Get Creative!!!

olga said...

Amazing projects Mandy! you did such a fantastic work! thank you very much for joining us at get creative!!

Gary Rose said...

I love your blog Mandy! I'm going to follow it. All your challenge entries are great, but the Paper Dvizhnik #11 is simply amazing. I've seen a few other people attempting this challenge and I must say your layout is my favorite.

baileyrosy.com said...

As always your work is amazing, texture, colour,design, placement and always the unexpected. Thank you for gorgeous card for our challenge at Get Creative and good luck.

Marie

puccarina said...

I loved them all as usual!!!! Your style is so unique! The texture to the first lo is so live i almost touched the pc monitor to feel it! Your tree card is so beautiful too. Thank's for joining us at Get creative!

Channa said...

Hi Mandy, hope you are doing well. Each and every project is gorgeous. I always love your style and effort. thank you for joining us again at get creative. Channa

Anastasia (Νατάσα) said...

oh wow, I'm speachless!!!! Your project had my mouth hanging open for a while... so STUNNING!!!! I love your out of the box thinking! Thank you for playing along with us at Get Creative!