Sunday, 26 August 2012

AT Last... A Day of Scrapping!

A day just for scrapping has been hard to find for the last I dont know how many months... its just been about grabbing time here and there to do a LO here or there.
Yesterday, was THE day - nothing but scrapping and it was soooo goooood!
Here's what I got done...
But first - a discovery (for me at least)
I had just found it... maybe you all know its there... but what an inspiration that become..
Sooooo, what they do is pick a kit each month from somewhere on the net, and out of our own stash at home, we try to match it up as best we can...
Weeeeeeelll, I LOVED doing that! The things I pulled out - and colours I'd never use matching together...the brightness I usually steer way clear of AND patterned papers - eek! (you may laugh, but I just am hopeless at knowing what to do with pattern paper, yet silly - still buy them! Embellies I've had for years, and goodness knows what else. I made up a big kit!
Here is my kit

Here's where you will find the kit Counterfeit picked here
 
Wow... so many 'old' papers too!
 
Anyway... to the challenges set there to use this newly formed kit...
 
The Sketch Challenge
 
This is really bright for me, but still shabby!
Hannah


 
 
 
Then we had to pick an online challenge to use our kit... (they gave suggestions)
So I picked 'Use your Stuff' which is a 'Summer' themed challenge...
Whoa... I went bright here!!!  Talk about stepping out of my comfort zone - but it was fun!
Hannah
 
 
 
 
Challenge #2  - Make a LO and then make a CARD based on that LO
More fun!
Paige and Hannah
 
 
 
So far, thats all using my kit for this challege blog...  there's more to come... when I can get scrapping again!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Here's another relatively new Challenge Blog too...
and I loved its criteria...
 
To be inspired by the colours of this pic  (I kinda used it as a sketch too)
 
Here's how it turned out... Paige as Cinderella
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------
 
Last but not least,  Get Creative Challenge Blog
I always love playing along here, but being sooo time poor lately hasnt helped...
but yesterday, I was able to catch both the Card and LO Sketch Challenges (big Smile!)
 
 
Here's the Card Challenge

Didnt really intend to make a Christmas Card... but this is how it turned out!
The numbers represent the countdown, and even the the numerals 2 and 5 are there... some postal washi tape to represent parcels of gifts sent.... and.....
the splatter represents is how quickly Christmas arrives.. LOL... and there's the 'Merry' and the traditional christmas coloured bow!

 
 
Now the LO Sketch Challenge

 
Little Paige!  Feels a lifetime ago!


 
 
I'm still using whats left of my papers and embellies I gathered for my kit from my own stash.. boy its made me use up 'stuff'! 
 
Now after all the fabulous fun scrapping..... time to do housework - ugh!
 
Have a great weekend!
 
 
 

30 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Sooooo goood that you've had a whole scrappy day. Mandy is baaacckkkkkk!!!! What a great idea - didn't know about that challenge blog...must take a peek....love what you've done - too many to comment on...but soo glad you've joined in the orange paperie one - isn't it 'the' loveliest inspiration pic???!!! Glad you've been able to get really, properly, down'n'dirty scrappy again,too:):):)
And LOVE that heart banner up top!

Dolly B said...

Love, love, love all your layouts and cards. What a great job you did making up the kit and using all your stash.
Thanks so much for joining us at Orange Paperie
Mary x

Kim said...

Oh! Mandy, love, love, love your take on the Orange Paperie & Co colour challenge.....(and all your other layouts) you are one talented scrapper!!!
Now your cinderella LO...
Love all your layers and what a gorgeous pic....just beautiful, thanks so much for joining us at OP&C

Jasmine S said...

Oh my, where to start. Love the idea of this site and must have a look at some stage. And how about getting this much done. When I finally get a few hours to scrap, it is like stage fright and I hardly finish one page. Each and every page is great. Love your textures, the bows, the butterflies, hearts and colours.

Heather Jacob said...

wow wow wow such beauty and creativity, you have magic in your fingers xoxox

Julie said...

wowser missy these are all just great love them.

sandi said...

Wow! You've been a very busy gal! Love all of your fabulous creations!

Channa said...

WOW WOW WOW!! You had a very productive day, amazing work! Each and every layout so inspirational. Have not stopped by in a while! Sorry! Thank you for joining us with the card challenge at get creative. Channa

Channa said...

Sorry and for the Layout challenge!! Thank you Channa

CorinneD. said...

All these layouts are so beautiful!!!
Hugs from france!

Cheryl said...

Loooove your take on the OP Challenge, just gorgeous.

Hope said...

Oh my, what a lot of loveliness! Gorgeous creations, as ever. Must check out that counterfeit kit site.

Maya said...

I love every single layout you do! So gorgeous!

Lizzyc said...

Oh how lucky to have a whole day scrapping! I am way behind on my blogging and my layouts... these are all lovely.. I love the way you cut out the photos, and I love the first layout with the buttons and hearts.. that looks really sweet!! I hope you get another day just to scrap!

Dora said...

That's what I'm doing to right now! But I let my sister or father choose....and then I need to scrap that package or colors...sometimes even need to color my flowers, just with pencils...gorgeous work, and so many!!!

Annette Edmonds said...

Wow what amazing scrappy goodness and your take on our challenge at Orange Paperie is awesome, so love how you interpreted the colours and put such a great spin on it, thanks for joining in, cheers Annette

Lea said...

You sure can complete alot of layouts in one day... wow! Love how you embraced your counterfeit kit. The layouts are so fun and bright but still look great with all the distressing and bits of painting you do.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all GORGEOUS!!!! I absolutely LOVEEEEEEEEEE all the distressing and loveeeeeeeee the hearts on the first one!!!

Joy said...

WOW Mandy you were busy this week! I love the way you add texture and create your own backgrounds for your projects. I really like the paint and washi tape on the 'got to start' layout. Thank you for joining us on the USe Your Stuff blog this week :)

glorygirl said...

EEEEK!!!! Where to begin?!?!? Mandy, these are all AMAZING! Love the paint with the washi tape! Love the little banner of buttons. Adore the bows on the Cinderella page. The color combinations are gorgeous, as are the techniques you featured. LOOOOOVE IT ALL!!!!

baileyrosy.com said...

Mandy Hi, I havent been by for ages and was blown away once again by your amazing talent and your creativity. Thank you for joining us at Get Creative with this fabulous and origional Christmas card , such a great take on the sketch. and beautifully crafted.

Marie

puccarina said...

You made all these beauties in one day???? Wow you were so productive! I love them all especially your card with the butterfly! I also enjoyed your chirstmas card so much such a clever take on our sketch!I am a winter type and i love christmas so your card reminded me that summer almost finished and christmas are only few months ahead hoorey!!!Thank's for playing along with us at get creative!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It is just so good to be back here again admiring your wonderful work, those layouts, pretty ribbons in awesome colors, great texture butterfly cards, countless amazing creation. Thanks for sharing!

EFI said...

OMG!!!!! Absolutely stunning work, as always! I really loooove every single detail!!!! Thank you so much for your support at Get Creative!

Melenia said...

Love love love both your card and the page for GC, Mandy!!!! I love the texture!!! Wow, you're such an inspiration! Thank you for playing with us at GC!

Irini said...

Swoon!!!!!!!!!!!
No need to tell you how much I adore your creations!
I think you handled the bright colours perfectly!
As for our challenges at Get Creative WOW WOW WOW WOW I am in love with your Christmas card so inspiring blew me away!
Mandy I hope to play again with the challenges at Let's Get Shabbly it has been a long and very very very hot summer and we were away for most of it! we are back now and I am reconnecting with the cyber scrapping world!
Thanks again for your continued support of Get Creative
hugz
irini

S said...

Wow, I can't believe that is all one scrappy day. I'm glad you are counterfeiting along with us. Your style is very refreshing - especially your use of cut-out photos. It was such fun to come and see your work!

olga said...

Very beautiful creations!!! and the card is amazing! Love the background! Thank you very much for joining us at get creative!

Anastasia (Νατάσα) said...

Wow, stunning creations!!! Love-love-love the card, so beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Get Creative!

geoleoan said...

they all are so amazing!!! well done!