Friday, 31 December 2010

DECEMBER DAILY 2010


Here it is the completed December Daily 
 It will be treasured amongst my Christmas decorations and is about to be put away until next year!
 
The cover is misted (looks a bit pink here but it is more red in real life)

Used some alphas as a mask for the 'christmas' word - gathered some vintage sparkly fabric and gathered it and added the leaf ribbon, deers, used some beading and added some prima vines.
 

I'm really thrilled how it turned out especially in the Prima Canvas Album.
Its probably a little bit too big in comparison to my smaller cardboard and paper one last year which was quicker to get each page done... but.... on the otherhand - working with the canvas pages and plastic sleeve pages has given opportunity for much scope and varied fun creative-wise!!
Having said that - next years will be smaller!! LOL!
 

 
 

 
And the Dec 1st - was my Art Class - where I've been doing lino cut and prints, and this one has been used for my Christmas cards this year. I'm not sure yet how I'll do the inside cover of my DD, I'll look at that when all the pages are completed. Ugh the colour is off for some reason... probably the crappy stormy weather we are having - hopeless for photographing in! The bird print is maroon - not purple and the '1st is supposed to be dark gray!


 
Getting the make-up and costumes ready
Theatre preparation- thats my busy little desk!
Performing - Paige as a Pirate and Mrs Darling
Hannah as Capt Hook
 
Hannah performing with the adults, and Paige with the children
for the 50th Anniversary Gala of our Musical Society
 
Paige's 14th birthday
 
 
Hannah's very loved piano teacher

 
 
 
Poor Cosmo - went to the vet and on antibiotics... and had a saline flush through!
He's looking a bit better now. (he's 18yrs)

Trimming the Tree!

Paige had a violin concert and Nan came to visit
 
 
 
Hannah and Paige with their wonderful singing teacher.
They have been learning from her for about 8 years now.
Their last singing concert for the year.
I added in more pages by gluing extra pages onto the canvas to flap open.

The day I made up a heap of more cards and this is a flapped open page!

Thought my kitchen looked rather festive so took a pic!
this is the top of the extra glued in page.

Couldnt go without adding in a page of my finches

Presents for my friends at Art Class and the last class for the year.

My dd delivering her bound thesis to the uni!

 
 
Meaghan's Graduation - waiting to go in
and afterwards we called into friends place where Paige was quite taken with their little puppy!

 
Paige performs in her last Christmas Concert and later we had two BBQ's to attend
Here the girls are opening their presents in a big swap we do among the parents and kids.

 
 
Not forgetting our sweet Blackie - who is a big scaredy-cat!

And our very ancient Cosmo who is feeling very much his age at the moment
It was to be his last (his 18th) with us, heartbreakingly passing away two weeks later.

 
 
 












Done and completed!


 
 
Here are my
December 2012
December 2011
December 2009


Here's some links to Scrap Therapy's
December Daily 2012
December Daily 2011




21 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Mandy, HAPPIEST OF NEW YEARS to you and your family for 2011.Hope to catch up IRL maybe in 2011.But am looking forward to scrapping with you on Scrap Jacked.
Enjoy your kidless evening, and dinner out!!!!! Don't go doing anything I wouldn't do....lol

xxoo

Jolanda said...

Hi Mandy,happy newyear to you and your family!!Amazing work over here!!
Have a good time and enjoy!!
Your work is amazing like always,hope to see a lot more of you in 2011!!

jenny said...

Your DD is just gorgeous Mandy... and beautiful layouts... enjoy dinner and Happy New Year...

Jenny x

phillipa said...

Enjoy your dinner!! And dessert!!
Your layouts are wonderful and the DD is superb!!
Happy New Year!!

lizzyc said...

ooo enjoy your time together with out the kiddies.. such a lot of scrappiness in this post.. love them all... Happy New Year!! xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pages Mandy!!! I loveeeeeeeee all your textures!!!! Have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lea said...

I LOVE how your December Daily turned out! Especially all the crocheted elements in there! All your layouts are fabulous but the one that jumped out the most was the dog one. Absolutely LOVE how you did the title!

Lean said...

wauw cool work Mandy and have a wonderful 2011 .
byebye,Lean

Julie said...

what gorgeous pages missy mandy loving them all. wishing you a happy 2011

hippychic said...

Well done Mandy, very lovely work, a real credit to you. Thanks for joining us at STP

Pastila said...

Happy New Year, Mandy!

Megan Vin said...

Some lovely chrissmassy pages!! You're giving me plenty of ideas here :)

Jenneke said...

Dear Mandy,
thanks for showing us all your beautiful work this year! You are soooo inspiring!

Wishing you and your family the best 2011!!!

Lots of love,

Jenneke

Bec said...

Happy New Year Mandy and family!!!

I hope it's a creative one for you as I'm sure it will be.

Gorgeous layouts too as always!
Love browsing your blog. Can't wait to see what you do in 2011.

XXX

Suzanne said...

Happy New Year, Mandy! I love your Dec. project, that little reindeer on the cover is adorable. :-) Glad I found your blog, I've got you in my reader!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Mandy so love your creations. A belated Merry xmas to you and hope 2011 is a great year. xx

Jennifer Campbell said...

Absolutely gorgeous layouts... all of them are amazing and can't wait to look back at the rest of your Daily.... thanks for playing along with us at STP. Happy new year!

Scraptastic Mel x said...

Wow you have been a very busy lady. Like the look of all your Christmas crafts and especially those chocs you made. Love the paint border on your STP layout.
Happy New Year!

Kelly said...

I absolutely LOVE your work!! Your book is awesome and I just love your layouts and how they are so elegant!!
Thanks for playing along with us at STP. I am so looking forward to seeing more of your work

Jasmine S said...

Oh that December Daily looks unreal. The cover is gorgeous and love the doilies floating in there. And the LOs are all fab. Great embellies and always love your designs.

Melx:) said...

I just adore your work Mandy!
Your December Daily looks amazing.
I just love your STP layout especially the Xmas Tree - how cute!
Can't wait to see what you get up to next!
Mel:)xx